Saturday, October 18, 2008

Preparing for Arizona (short term 2009)

I chose this picture because I hope to be able to see sights like this on my trip out west to Arizona during Short Term.

During short term of 2009, I am traveling with a group of about ten people (including Brenda Richardson), to an Indian Reservation (nation) in Arizona to teach and/or have some sort of classroom experience for the month. I am hoping to be able to work in a kindergarten classroom, as that is the age I plan to teach. During this past week I have began trying to think of different activities I might plan to do with the children if I get the chance. I am having a hard time thinking of things though because I am not entirely sure what they will know at the point that I arrive. Therefore, I am planning to meet with Brenda and ask her if there is anyway for me to find out any of that information in advance, so that I can plan accordingly and hopefully I can come up with some really fantastic ideas to use with the children. Does anyone else have any ideas?? :-)

I chose to put this blog under the professional development label because I believe that Arizona is a trip that is going to greatly prepare me to be an amazing teacher. Also, any feedback from peers and readers will be used in the development of lessons and plans for my trip :-).

No comments: